Sunday 1 July 2012

Do it yourself: Feature Wall

Wanna get your wall from THIS....


 To THIS....


Well keep reading...


I've been looking for a cool, easy and cheap DIY for a while and this is perfect.

So it's pretty simple, go to your local thrift store and purchase some records that catch your eye. I got ones which either had awesome photography or had covers that made me laugh.


I got mine from Hospice in Hamilton and they had an awesome deal: 5 records for $1.

What you need:
- A heap load of records
- Something to glue them on with
- A blank and boring wall

NOTE: Make sure to remove the vinyls, you could even listen to them later or use them for another DIY.


When gluing them on to your wall use a type of glue which suits you the best. I used tape because my wall isn't painted and the wallpaper has been ripped off. If you don't want any damage on your wall use blu-tack.

So begin covering the wall, putting your favourite ones in the center so they are more visible.


The best thing about this DYI is that you can remove it anytime you want, and have a blank wall to play with again.

Have fun!

={)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! I've been looking for a way to spice up my room and this just inspired me x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...